Executive compensation programs that reward your organization’s top talent are complex and present the human resources professional with a unique set of challenges. This executive compensation course will provide members of an executive compensation team with advanced skills for designing and administering executive compensation programs with an emphasis on publicly owned/traded companies. The course focuses on the strategic issues in executive compensation and the regulatory environment.
In this course, participants will learn about:
- The roles and responsibilities of corporate governance to safeguard and increase shareholder investments.
- U.S. accounting and tax considerations for executive compensation.
- The major securities regulations and their requirements.
- The details of the proxy statement, including disclosure requirements and the compensation discussion and analysis (CD&A).
- Essential plan design concepts for short-term incentive plans and the appropriate use of performance measures.
- The factors that influence long-term incentive vehicles and design.
- How to effectively interact with the board of directors and other key internal and external stakeholders, such as tax, financial, legal and planning professionals.
This course contains U.S. specific content and is designed for the mid- to senior-level HR professional as well as for financial, legal and consultancy professionals who work in the area of executive compensation. Members of the compensation committee of the board of directors will also find value in this course.
Specific areas covered include:
- Executive Compensation and Corporate Governance
Review executive compensation and advance your knowledge about corporate governance and the role of the board of directors and shareholders.
- Advanced Accounting and Taxation
Learn about advanced U.S. accounting and taxation topics related to executive compensation, including accounting for equity-based compensation, option pricing valuation models and earnings per share.
- Advanced Securities Law
Dive into advanced securities law, including coverage of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Section 16, SEC Rule 10(b)5, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and SEC proxy disclosure requirements.
- Performance Measurement and Short-Term Incentives
Learn about performance measures commonly used in executive compensation. Gain advanced knowledge about short-term incentive plan design, including goal setting, funding, payout approaches and payment alternatives.
- Long-Term Incentives and Executive Performance
Review the factors that affect the selection of long-term incentive selections, as well as the types of long-term incentives, stock options, stock appreciation rights, restricted stock and more.
- Executive Compensation Issues
Cover key executive compensation issues, including deferred compensation, employment contracts, director compensation and stock ownership guidelines.
Upon completing this course, participants will be empowered with advanced knowledge and skills in strategic design and administration of executive compensation and have in-depth understanding of the regulatory environment.
This course is available in a variety of formats, including online and in-person.
Find a class format and register today.