As a human resources compensation professional, you rely on Excel to format and analyze large amounts of data. To do this most effectively and efficiently, you need to harness the power of Excel. Learn time-saving Excel strategies in this class developed by total rewards expert and WorldatWork faculty member Dianne Auld. This class will empower you with new skills to save you time – hours, even days – in your compensation work. In this course, you’ll:
- Receive step-by-step instructions on Excel functions that will make your compensation work easier and more efficient.
- View demonstrations of essential Excel tasks related to HR compensation work.
- Complete hands-on practice exercises of the various formulas and functions specific to compensation work.
This class is for the intermediate level compensation professional. It is offered in-person and online. Advanced Excel skills are required for the in-person class due to its faster pace; whereas, intermediate Excel skills are sufficient for the self-paced online environment. A PC laptop with Excel 2007 or later is required for the onsite class. A PC desktop or laptop with Excel 2007 or later may be used for the online course. For both the onsite and online classes, a mouse if recommended for ease in navigation.
- Customizing toolbars
- Formatting data
- LOOKUP, IF and SUM formulas
- Checking data
- Subtotaling data
- Comparative formulas and conditional formatting
- Statistics for compensation data
- Charts and graphs
- Regression analysis
- Distribution tables (e-learning only)
- Rounding formulas (classroom only
- Goal Seek and PivotTables
- Customize the quick-access toolbar
- Create charts, graphs and tables from various types of data
- Use formulas to simplify complex calculations
- Check data for duplications and errors
- Calculate subtotals
- Calculate a variety of statistics
- Calculate linear and exponential regression
If you are an HR compensation professional who uses Excel to perform complex job tasks such as compiling and analyzing compensation data and performing calculations and you have intermediate to advanced Excel skills, this class is for you.
Ready to become the go-to Excel whiz within your organization and start saving time?
This course is available in a variety of formats, including online and in-person.
Find a class format that works for you and register today.