Work-life balance is a top issue for attracting and retaining employees and a factor companies can’t afford to ignore. Millennials, in particular, seek positions where they can have both a rewarding career and a meaningful life outside of work. In this course, you will learn about work-life programs within the context of total rewards. The work-life portfolio will be presented along with the seven categories of support for work-life effectiveness. Best practices in work-life balance programs are reviewed and exemplary work-life programs are discussed. Topics covered include:
- The growing need to create flexibility in the workplace.
- The value of well-planned health and wellness programs.
- Creative uses for paid and unpaid time off.
- How to alleviate stress related to caring for dependents while also promoting productivity.
- Financial support programs that employers can use to cultivate a positive workforce.
- The role of community involvement in work-life effectiveness.
- How to build a rewarding working environment on all levels that incorporates work-life balance.
This course is designed for human resources professionals and business leaders who are interested in learning a strategic approach to work-life issues within their organizations.
It is a required course for the Work-Life Certified Professional certification. The course includes exercises and case studies of exemplary work-life programs throughout that provide participants with practical application. Specific areas covered in this course include:
- Total Rewards and Work-Life
- Learn about role of work-life in a total rewards strategy, along with work-life trends that impact the workforce. Understand the strategic approach to work-life, the stakeholders involved in work-life initiatives and factors for successful work-life programs.
- Creating Workplace Flexibility
- Define workplace flexibility and understand the impact of work-life flexibility programs.
- Creative Use of Paid and Unpaid Time Off
- Learn about the impact and creative use of paid and unpaid time off programs and their prevalence.
- Caring for Dependents
- Understand the shifting workforce demographic, the business impact of employees who care for dependents and the value of supporting dependent care.
- Supporting Health and Wellness
- Learn about health and wellness programs and their impact. Discuss the concepts of resiliency and creating a culture of health and wellness.
- Financial Support
- Learn about the role and impact of financial support programs.
- Community Involvement
- Discover the impact of community involvement programs.
- Culture Change Initiatives
- Learn about organizational culture and culture change initiatives.
Upon completing this work-life effectiveness course, you will have new knowledge and skills to develop and implement work-life balance programs.
Ready to dive into work-life effectiveness?
This course is available in a variety of formats, including online and in-person.
Find a class format that works for you and register today.