It is difficult and time consuming to convert a list of job titles and grades into an interactive matrix to audit job grades, determine where jobs are positioned in each function, and view career paths.
In this 2-hour virtual classroom, compensation and Excel expert Dianne Auld will demonstrate how to easily convert a list of job titles and grades into an interactive matrix, which shows the job titles by grade vertically, and function horizontally, and always has the perfect number of rows for the data.
Once you learn how to set up your matrix, you will simply copy and paste your new jobs and grades into your list (this could be directly from your payroll or HRIS system), click the macro button and all the linked job grading maps (matrices) are automatically updated with the perfect number of rows. The result is multiple views of the data all feeding from one source, with no errors, omissions or duplications, and almost no maintenance.
This methodology is extremely useful for rewards professionals and will save loads of time.
In this course, learn how to:
- Create an interactive matrix from a list of job titles and grades
- Add a drop down to view the matrix for a specific business unit or company
- Record and run a macro to ensure the matrix has the right number of rows for the jobs
- Add conditional formatting to a matrix to show different business units in different colors
- Use the same list to matrix methodology to create a nine-box talent grid by business unit
- SEO keywords and description