Compliance: A Global Perspective
HR professionals have a lot on their plates, and there’s always a full helping of compliance topics to address. Not only are there abundant compliance issues for HR to address in the United States, but many HR professionals are now seeing their employee base expand and become globally mobile. This means HR folks may need to start thinking differently, globally.
As the global expansion of the workplace continues, how can an employer keep pace? What issues should you consider when your employees are working in other countries? What questions should you be asking as your workforce changes and expands beyond borders? What considerations come into play when it comes to supporting the total wellbeing of your workforce—employees’ physical, emotional, career and financial wellbeing—and the overall wellbeing for the organization?
This webinar will compare key aspects of benefits and compensation in the US to those same aspects globally.
- Questions to consider when expanding a workforce to a country outside of the United States.
- Initial concerns to consider when contemplating offering benefits and compensation to a workforce outside of the United States.
- How local laws may require employers to provide benefits related to health and wellness reaching far beyond mandatory health insurance.
- Information needed to contemplate time away from work under laws outside of the United States in contrast to requirements for U.S.-based employees.
- How contract requirements may impact your workforce outside of the United States as compared to how your U.S. workforce is impacted.
- How required benefits may change your benefits offering for workers outside of the United States as compared to how those benefits may be handled under U.S. law.
- Resources available to help you learn about laws impacting the workplace and employee benefits and compensation outside of the United States.