The New Tax Advantages for Student Loan Benefits
Recently, the IRS issued a Private Letter Ruling stating that an employee's student loan payments can qualify that employee to receive an employer-funded 401(k) match. This groundbreaking ruling opens the door for other companies to follow suit and introduce tax-advantaged student loan benefit programs.
For employers wanting to act on this new development, many questions still remain. How would such a program work, and what are the risks involved? Join us at to learn what the new IRS ruling means for your organization and how to implement a solution of your own.
Attendees will learn:
- An overview of the student debt crisis
- What tax advantaged student loan benefits mean
- The regulatory and legislative landscape surrounding student loan benefits
- How to change the tax treatment of student loan benefits
- How to understand the prevalence of student loan debt within your organization
- How to implement a student loan benefits program